Arusha coffee lodge
Arusha Coffee Lodge is a delightful sanctuary of aromas, gourmet food and vibrant gardens located on the expansive grounds of a verdant coffee plantation. Arusha Coffee Lodge is made up of a main area incorporating a restaurant, a café bistro, various boutiques at the Traders Walk, a spa and a swimming pool. The rooms and suites spill off to the left of the main area, each looking out onto coffee trees and surrounding gardens. The Grill Room restaurant and The Bistro boast menus to satisfy the most discerning of palates, successfully fusing international culinary prowess with locally-sourced ingredients. The Bistro also has a wood-fired pizza oven. Other culinary delights are the garden lunches – a 4-course alfresco buffet hosted daily in the garden, or the traditional Swahili food offerings at Jikoni in the Trader’s Walk.
Arusha Coffee Lodge’s location is a combination of tranquility and convenience. Situated on the fertile grounds of a coffee plantation, Arusha Coffee Lodge is a sanctuary of peaceful gardens right on the doorstep of Arusha city. The lodge is also close to Arusha airport and situated along the road leading to Tanzania’s most famous national parks, making it the best place to begin and end a safari.
Arusha coffee lodge is located on the Burka Coffee Estate, Arusha Arusha coffee lodge has the following;
. 30 Plantation Houses, comprising of 18 Plantation Rooms and 12 Plantation Suites.
• Plantation Rooms ~ En suite rooms with a shower and bath, verandah, and in-room log fire. 8 doubles, 4 twins and 6 triples (45m2 ).
• Plantation Suites ~ En suite rooms with a shower and bath, flat-screen television with satellite TV service, private sun terrace with log fire, verandah, mini-bar and personal room attendant. 4 doubles, 5 twin and 3 convertible (58m2 ).
UNIQUE SELLING POINTS
• Coffee Tour ~ Located within the grounds of an operational coffee plantation, guests can partake in a coffee tour, showing the process that brings a coffee bean from ‘tree to cup’ – from cultivation, to harvesting, drying and roasting. The tour culminates in an all-important tasting of the farm’s coffee blends.
• Traders Walk Boutiques ~ A collection of 5 on site boutiques offering up food and shopping options:
• Shanga ~ A heart-warming social enterprise, Shanga is a workshop run by Tanzanians with disabilities who produce beautiful arts and crafts, often using recycled materials such as glass bottles, which are turned into colourful jewellery, beads and glassware.
• Tanzanite Centre ~ A remarkable precious stone of a deep blue/violet colour found only at Mererani near Arusha, Tanzanite is said to be a thousand times rarer than diamonds. This boutique sells beautiful Tanzanite jewellery and loose stones.
• Soko Giftshop ~ Stocked with all sorts of great momentos, keepsakes and wonderful gifts.
• Kahawa ~ Coffee shop with freshly brewed coffee and delicious home-baked cakes.
• Jikoni ~ An open-air dining experience that provides a window into Swahili culture and cuisine. Dining is often accompanied by live music. Hours of operation are seasonal and advance booking is a must.
ACTIVITIES AT THE LODGE • Coffee tours • Shopping and cafés • Spa treatments at Peaberries Spa • Swimming pool (residents only) • Quad bikes • Bird watching in the gardens • Day trips to Arusha National Park with picnic lunch • Day trips to Mt Meru with picnic lunch ACTIVITIES NEARBY THE LODGE • Masai markets • Golf at Kiligolf (advanced booking required) • Tanzanite Museum • Museum of Natural History • Arusha Cultural Heritage Centre