Elewana Tarangire Treetops is located on the Randilen Wildlife Management Area, bordering Tarangire National Park
Elewana Tarangire Treetops in located on the path of an annual elephant migration, Tarangire Treetops sits alone in a 312km2 private wildlife area bordering Tarangire National Park, amid a landscape of rolling, baobab-studded hills. Elevated “treehouse” suites are perched high up with views over the adjacent baobab and marula trees, giving Tarangire Treetops an adventurous and exotic feel.
Tarangire Treetops has 20 luxury tented rooms on elevated platforms with thatched roofs. The rooms are double/twin convertible (All rooms are 62m2 with balcony 74m2 ).
Twenty suites, with a wide private balcony, are lavishly furnished. Natural materials are blended with contemporary Africana décor, to provide guests with a unique and most memorable safari experience. All the suites are either sunset facing, sunrise-facing or overlook the camp’s waterhole and animal trail. Encasing an impressive baobab tree, the spacious and tranquil reception, lounge and dining room overlook the swimming pool and a waterhole that sees a steady flow of wild animal visitors. With the natural beauty of the hills and dry river beds begging to be explored, guests can enjoy guided walking safaris, day or night time game drives and the enchantment of bush dining.
The rooms of Tarangire Treetops are one-of-a-kind. Elevated platforms place guests among the baobab and marula trees, creating the feel of a luxury treehouse.
- Location ~ Situated in its own private conservancy, guests of Tarangire Treetops enjoy a secluded and private safari experience but with easy access to Tarangire National Park.
- Bush walks ~ Located outside the National Park in Randilen conservancy, the camp is able to conduct bush walks with guests. This activity allows guests to get “up close and personal” with nature, and experience the bush to a more intimate degree – the flora, the fauna, the animal tracks, the insects – the things that can be missed from a game vehicle. Walks can be a relaxing ramble, or an energetic hike.
- Night game drives ~ A night drive in the African bush affords the opportunity to see an array of creatures who prefer the cover of night. From wide-eyed lesser galagos, to ambling porcupines and elusive leopards, the African bush hosts a different assortment of creatures after dark.
- Shared game drives in 4×4 custom vehicles (exclusive use available at a day rate) • Night game drives
- Guided bush walks (age restrictions apply to children under 16 yrs) All bush walks are subject to the discretion of the lead guide due to the nature of the activity
- Bushmeals and sundowners
- Gift shop
- Cultural visits
FACILITIES SUMMARY • 24hr power • In-room charging facilities • Credit card facilities • Daily scheduled flights • 4×4 custom game vehicles • Wi-Fi internet in main areas • Swimming pool • Motorised buggy for transport to/from rooms and ramp access to five rooms • Children’s menu • Laundry
Tarangire tree tops is Open all year round with a minimum 2 night stay policy.
Mineral water is provided free of charge from dispenser points. Mineral water provided during meals and in rooms. Guests are issued with a refillable bottle.
MEAL POLICY Individual dining. Mealtimes are flexible. Dining styles are as follows:
Breakfast: À la carte menu
Lunch: À la carte menu
Dinner: À la carte menu
Individual dietary requests can be satisfied with advance notice • Picnic breakfasts and lunches available for game drives. • Bush breakfasts with live station, bush lunches and sundowners. • Select premium wine list.
Altitude: 2900-4000ft Wet months:
November to May, March and April with heaviest rains. Warm, dry days & cool nights, low humidity.
MALARIA Tarangire Treetops is located in a dry area of low population density, as such it has a very low malaria risk. Treehouse suites are sealed with mesh screens.
COMMUNICATION SERVICES Internet: Wi-Fi internet available in the main public areas. Mobile phones: Phone signal available but limited.